Great Falls, Montana | Montana's News Leader®

Family displaced after structure fire in Sun Prairie

Two families are currently displaced after a structure fire reignited in Sun Prairie early Thursday morning.

Vaughn Assistant Fire Chief Ken Hanks said crews were initially called to the scene of a mobile home on fire at 1133 Harrison St. around 6:10 p.m. Wednesday.

The mobile home and a vehicle is a total loss.

Hanks said a family of eight lived in the mobile home and the Red Cross is helping the family.

After clearing the scene, the fire rekindled early Thursday just after 1:30 a.m. and crews again responded to the scene.

Upon arrival, firefighters found the original structure fully engulfed in flames. The fire had spread to a second trailer west of the residence.

Hanks said a family of two adults and three children made it safely out of the second mobile home.

He said there are no reported injuries from either structures.

The cause of the initial fire appeared to have started from an overheated propane forced air heater under the mobile home.

Crews cleared the scene from the second call around 5 a.m. Thursday.

Firefighters from Vaughn, Sun Prairie, Manchester, Black Eagle,  MANG and Sun River assisted in putting out the fire.

Keeley Van Middendorp

Keeley Van Middendorp

Scroll to top
Skip to content