Great Falls, Montana | Montana's News Leader®

Investigation into Tuesday’s house fire complete; Salvation Army accepting donations for family

The investigation into a Tuesday house fire in Great Falls has wrapped up and a cause has been determined.

Chief Jason McAllister of the Vaughn Volunteer Fire Department said the fire started due to a problem with electrical wiring in the inner walls.

Multiple crews were on scene for several hours trying to contain the flames. No one was in the home at the time.

The mobile home is a complete loss.

Responding agencies included Vaughn, Black Eagle, Manchester, Sun Prairie, Great Falls Fire Rescue, the Montana Air National Guard, the Cascade County Sheriff’s Office, and the Salvation Army.

The Salvation Army is also accepting donations for the family.

You can drop off clothes, food, furniture, and home and hygiene supplies at the Salvation Army Emergency Service building located at 527 9th Avenue South.

GIRL AGE 7:
Clothing size: 8-10
Shoe size: 13

GIRL AGE 10:
Clothing size: 14-16
Shoe size: 4.5

BOY AGE 14:
Clothing size: 16-10 or medium
Shoe size: 10.5

BOY AGE 16:
Clothing size: XL, pants 34-32
Shoe size: 11.5


(January 8, 2019) A home on Great Falls’ west side ignited in flames Tuesday afternoon.

A call came in for a fire at a home in the 200 block of 26th Street Northwest around 2:45 p.m.

Vaughn Volunteer Fire Department responded with aid from Black Eagle and Great Falls Fire Rescue.

Crews were still extinguishing hot spots at 4:30 p.m. and the Salvation Army’s “Sally One” mobile food truck was on scene.

The fire destroyed the mobile home, however, all of the residents are safe.

We will update you with any new information.

MTN News

MTN News

Scroll to top
Skip to content