(GREAT FALLS) On Thursday morning, Flathead County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the Happy Valley neighborhood south of Whitefish for report of a burglary in progress.
It was also reported someone at the location had fired a gun from the window of a vehicle and drove away.
Sheriff Chuck Curry says that deputies and an FWP officer spotted the vehicle and a chase ensued. The driver of the vehicle led officers on to a service road off KM Ranch when it finally stopped and the man inside the vehicle tried to run away from officers, but was quickly apprehended.
Jaymes Leduc, age 28, was identified as the driver; he was arrested and charged with Felony Criminal Endangerment, Possession of Dangerous Drugs and three counts of misdemeanor criminal Contempt.
During the investigation, detectives and deputies located several people who had warrants and pending investigations related to open cases throughout Flathead County and those associated have been charged.
The Sheriff’s Office provided the following names/charges in a Facebook post:
- Joshua Menning, age 36 is charged with Parole Violation, careless driving and no insurance.
- Alyssa Matthews, age 29 is charged with three counts of misdemeanor Criminal Contempt.
- Luke Hanson, age 35 is charged with a Probation Violation.
- Victoria Wellem, age 33 is charged with three counts of misdemeanor Criminal Contempt.
- Jerry Saunders, age 29 is charged with a Probation Violation.
- Thara Rasnic, age 35 is charged with Bail Jumping and two counts of Possession of Dangerous Drugs.
- Richard Syth, age 59 is charged with misdemeanor Criminal Contempt and two counts of misdemeanor theft.
- Chase Haynes, age 36 is charged with two counts of misdemeanor Criminal Contempt and Forgery.
It was the professional work of all law enforcement which enabled so many to be brought to Justice.