KRTV, a Cordillera Communications television station in Great Falls, Montana, is looking for a talented Executive Producer/Anchor who can take our storytelling and newscasts to the next level.
Applicants must have strong editorial judgment, superb storytelling skills, producing expertise and full understanding of the needs of our audience across all platforms.
This position requires leadership, the talent to foster a team environment, solid decision making skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic newsroom environment.
Candidates must have social media experience and leadership in digital content areas.
- Lead daily digital and on air content decisions
- Produce high quality stories that connect with our viewers
- Critique and guide reporting staff
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Plan coverage and ensure effective delivery of daily newscasts
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Proof scripts prior to each newscast to secure quality and accuracy
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Work with station management to innovate and effect change
Qualifications: Great people skills with experience as a storyteller, reporter and anchor. This person must also be able to shoot, write and edit. A four-year degree in journalism or communications is preferred. This outstanding position offers a very competitive compensation package, to include medical, dental, vision, 401K. EOE.
Submit your resume with references, a statement of professional news philosophy, and online links to your work.
Apply via email to the address below and indicate in your cover letter how you learned of the job. No phone calls please.
Interested applicants should email a resume, reel link and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
KRTV Communications, LLC Attn: H/R
100 W. Lyndale Ave Ste A
Helena, MT 59601
Please mention where you saw this posting when applying.
KRTV Communications, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.