KRTV, a Cordillera Communications television station in Great Falls, Montana, is looking for a talented anchor and executive producer who can take our newscasts to the next level.
Applicants must have strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and full understanding of the needs of our audience across all platforms. This position requires leadership, solid decision-making skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic newsroom environment. Candidates must have social media experience and leadership in digital content areas.
· Anchor newscasts.
· Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
· Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
· Plan coverage, story selection and ensure effective delivery of daily newscasts.
· Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
· Help read scripts prior to each newscast to secure quality and accuracy.
· Work with reporters on story concepts to execution.
· Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
· Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
· Work with station management to innovate and effect change.
Qualifications: Great people skills with experience as a reporter and anchor. This person must also be able to shoot, write, and edit. A four-year degree in journalism or communications is preferred. This outstanding position offers a very competitive compensation package, to include medical, dental, vision, 401K.
Submit your resume with references, a statement of professional news philosophy, and online links to your work.Apply via email to the address below and indicate in your cover letter how you learned of the job. No phone calls please.
Interested applicants should email a resume, reel link and references to email@example.com or mail to KRTV Communications, LLC Attn: H/R 100 W. Lyndale Ave Ste A Helena, MT 59601.
Please mention where you saw this posting when applying.
KRTV Communications, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.